PURPOSE OF THE JOB: Conduct verifications, audits, and training to ensure all finished product, raw and work in progress meet all food safety and quality expectations. Responsible to ensure proper operating and good manufacturing procedures are being followed.
Hours: 2:50 pm - 10:50 pm Monday - Friday. Must be able to work additional hours as needed.
Hourly rate: $16+
DESCRIPTION OF PRIMARY DUTIES
- Conduct continuous improvement / architecture of processes.
- Maintain competence and ownership for functional areas within Deacom (ERP system)
- Conduct work-in-process verification (mixing checks, formulation compliance, product quality, moisture testing, salt testing, FFA testing).
- Conduct production line audits as required per work instruction. Identify quality issues occurring in production and packaging, propose corrective action and conduct follow up to ensure situation is remedied.
- Conduct inspections for clean equipment.
- Conduct post-production verification of documentation (quality packaging checks, cleaning checks, control points and critical control points).
- Execute Test & Hold policy.
- Collect and prepare samples for microbiological analysis as required.
- Record and manage non-conforming product through non-conformance procedure.
- Manage retention sample program.
- Assist with metal detection corrective action.
- Train employees for GMPs, metal detection, food safety and quality.
- Assist R&D with continuous product improvement and new product development
- Assist with receiving materials as needed
- Able to work in a fast pace environment and prioritize.
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Good understanding of organic requirements
- Keep accurate and legible documentation
- Take responsibility for actions.
- Treat fellow employees with dignity and respect.
- Take the initiative to implement new projects.
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Prioritize and plan work activities and use time efficiently
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Take initiative and make decisions in regards of product safety.
- Be able to work flexible hours to meet Company’s needs
- Work independently without immediate supervision
- Effectively communicate with appropriate personnel
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates degree in science related field
- Able to read and write English.
- Good attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good communication skills.
- Good computer skills
- Good math aptitude
- Sense of teamwork and urgency
- BS in science related field
- 6 months food industry experience
- Bi-lingual Spanish/English or Hmong/English
- Able to stand 8 to 10 hours.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Able to move around facility
- Typical manufacturing facility environment, loud noises, moving equipment.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Waymouth Farms, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.