PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Warehouse Supervisor will be responsible for assisting the Warehouse Manager in overseeing and directing the operation of the Distribution Center to ensure a smooth flow of order filling, stocking and shipping. The Warehouse Supervisor will also be responsible maintaining inventory accuracy at the Distribution Center.
DESCRIPTION OF PRIMARY DUTIES
- Assist Distribution Manager in managing and directing the work flow and personnel to accomplish company goals and objectives.
- Train & provide support to personnel to perform job duties safely, accurately and efficiently.
- Suggest revisions to job descriptions and department staffing.
- Conduct operations in a fair, non-discriminatory manner, free of any form of harassment.
- Monitor employee safety and GMP practices and recommend discipline.
- Maintain confidentiality in daily operations & Confirm that all records are maintained in an accurate, complete and legible manner.
- Provides employee coaching and development in a manner that supports the company values of Integrity and Goodwill
- Resolves employee issues through problem resolution.
- Keep the Warehouse Manager and Human Resources informed of personnel issues
- Ability to jump in and support all roles within the warehouse and receiving
- Work closely with manager, lead, and warehouse administrator.
- Provide direct supervision of personnel to facilitate productive error free customer orders.
- Be knowledgeable of all raw and finished products.
- Ensure that all stock is rotated so the oldest product ships first (FIFO)(FEFO)
- Utilize staging space efficiently to facilitate the shipping process.
- Ensure that expedient return and accuracy of pick slips to customer service for generation of invoices.
- Monitor orders closely to identify and report any unusual quantities, instructions, shortages, double orders or any abnormalities.
- Communicate with production on all needed products for shipment to verify shortages or production schedule.
- Directly oversee all shipping procedures on all types of carriers.
- Coordinate all documents and labels for cross-dock shipments
- Ensure that all pallets built by order fillers are secure and stable before shipping.
- Monitor loading of shipments on carriers for count accuracy, correct carrier and efficiency of loading personnel.
- Personally oversee and direct the work force to maintain a safe work environment.
- Instruct and train personnel on proper safety practices and procedures to ensure compliance and recommend discipline as needed.
- Conduct warehouse safety inspections, as assigned, suggest improvements and communicate deficiencies.
- Ensure cleanliness good housekeeping throughout the department to promote a safe work environment.
- Observe on regular basis employee safety practices giving feedback as necessary.
- Report all accidents to Distribution Manager immediately and process accident reports in a timely fashion.
- Oversee employees to assure daily stretching is performed.
- Provide an aisle and office cleaning schedule and assure that it is followed.
- Perform all duties of Distribution Manager in his/her absence.
- Fill in where needed when absences occur.
- Follow Waymouth security policies to maintain facility security.
- Follow and enforce all Waymouth Farms, Inc. policies and procedures.
- Complete all job related paperwork and documents.
- Write Procedures / Policies for department functions as needed.
- Conduct training of employees in safety, quality and work instructions.
- Deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities for the department
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Recognize and support all external and internal customers.
- Works in a fast paced, high stress environment
- All other duties assigned by department Manager
- Fit within our culture of Integrity, Goodwill and Results
- Previous management/supervisory experience in a warehouse setting
- Sense of teamwork and urgency
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to Multi task
- Must read, Write, and Speak English fluently.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office especially Word, Excel and Outlook
- Proficient in operating Powered Industrial Trucks
- Bilingual English – Spanish a plus
*** Education and/or Experience
- 2+ years’ Supervisory experience preferably in a shipping/receiving/Warehousing environment.
- Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management or related field preferred
- Sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to type, talk and communicate visual ability to use a computer,
- Ability to move around facility with occasional lifting of 50 – 100 lbs.
- Walking and standing for up to eight hours per shift.
- Ability to operate all types of material handling equipment
- Ability to pull or push a hand jack with a load of up to 2000 lbs.
Shared office space, typical warehouse environment, inside, climate controlled, potential exposure to noise and moving vehicles.