PURPOSE OF JOB: Coordinate, lead and supervise shift manufacturing operations team to achieve Waymouth Farms goals operating within all established policies, procedures and regulations.
DESCRITPTION OF PRIMARY DUTIES:
- Provide direction and leadership on the production floor
- Review and execute daily production schedule.
- Accountable to meet Schedule Attainment and ensure efficiency, quality, and assure that staffing levels meet or exceed standards.
- Supervise proper job order set-up. Ensure accurate reporting on work orders. Ensure work center inventory accuracy is maintained.
- Execute equipment / process cleaning and changeovers per the production schedule.
- Motivate positive performance of shift production team. Communicate plans, process, and results frequently.
- Execute training program for shift production team.
- Monitor daily shift performance. Make reports as required to Plant Production Manager.
- Conduct performance appraisals for production team.
- Monitor GMP compliance and take appropriate corrective action.
- Monitor and maintain Allergen and Organic quality control procedures.
- Monitor and train employees to promote and maintain safe work environment and comply with safety policies, procedures, and rules. Take corrective action as needed.
- Maintain security of building and environment.
- Understand all job duties of subordinates for purposes of supervision, coordination, and training. Ensure compliance with process and equipment operating instructions.
- Collaborate with team for continuous improvement.
- Recommends discipline up to and including termination of employment in deficient situations and execute discipline in conjunction with Human Resources.
- Performs duties and interacts with peers and subordinates in a non-partial manner maintaining an atmosphere free of harassment.
- Maintain good communication with employees on all levels; communicates problems and applicable situation to Plant Production Manager.
- Correct problems or out of control situations.
- Monitor and oversee all subordinate paperwork and complete paperwork as assigned.
- Perform responsibilities within established safety procedures / policies and maintains safety awareness within the department.
- Performs job within established GMP policies
- Maintain close working relationship with quality personnel and recommends adjustments in process and methods to accommodate inspection results.
- Maintain confidentiality with all Waymouth Farms information, formulas, procedures, etc.
- Perform other tasks as directed by Plant Production Manager
- Attend production, safety, schedule and management meetings as requested.
- Conduct operations within established company policies and procedures.
- Provides employee coaching and development, monitors training
- Resolves employee issues through problem resolution and effective communication skills
- Must be able to improve working conditions and increase subordinate’s skills and capabilities.
- Meets required time lines.
- React quickly and make decisions under pressure.
- Work in a high paced environment
- Gather and analyze information to resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Assists Inventory Control with weekly cycle counts
- Promotes teamwork within production, and interdepartmental teamwork.
- Communicate any issues, problems, or concerns to the Plant Production Manager or appropriate individuals immediately.
- Assist maintenance in troubleshooting and resolving mechanical issues.
- Interview and select department employees, and maintains proper staffing levels.
- Direct supervision of employees.
- VP Operations
- Quality Manager / Supervisor
- Warehouse Lead / Forklift Operators
- Lead PMO / PO
***OTHER KEY RELATIONS
- Quality Control
- Warehouse and Distribution Manager
- Shift Supervisors
- Human Resources
- Cost Accounting
- Maintenance Personnel
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Able to effectively speak, read, and write English.
- Able to perform physical requirements of all subordinate positions
- Prior experience (minimum 2 years) in food / FDA regulated manufacturing/packaging environment
- Prior manufacturing work lead experience (1-2 years)
- Able to operate or learn to operate all production equipment and machines.
- Able to learn and perform duties of all subordinates
- Must be able to be licensed and to operate a forklift.
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Able to work flexible work schedule and overtime
- Able to effectively speak before groups of employees of the organization
- Must be able to manage stress.
- Cooperative / team orientated attitude
- Proactive thinker
- Post secondary degree (preferably in areas of Business, Management, Food Science or Operations)
- Prior management in Food Packaging environment
- Bilingual - Spanish/English
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is sometimes exposed to dust, toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.