At Waymouth Farms, our mission is to provide innovative, quality snack foods for healthier living. As a leader in the marketplace, we are well known for our Good Sense Snacks and several other innovative brands.Family owned and operated since 1976, we are proudly celebrating our 40th year in business.Due to our continued growth, we are recruiting for an experienced Quality Control Technician on our 1st shift.
- Hours: 3:00 pm - 3:00 pm Monday - Friday
- Salary: $16.50 / hour
- Benefits include: Health, dental, paid life and LTD, paid holidays, 401k w/company match, vacation, paid personal days, education reimbursement, discount store, and more!
In addition to a supportive work environment, Waymouth Farms offers an EXCELLENT benefit package. Our health insurance plan offers 4 different levels of coverage employees can choose from with the company paying the majority of the employee premiums; a 100% company funded HRA plan that assists employees with paying health insurance deductibles; an excellent dental plan with an annual benefit of $1500 per person and no required network; 100% company paid life, accidental death, and long term disability; optional supplemental life for employees and dependents at our low group rates; 401K with company match ; 2 weeks of vacation the first year with the ability to use vacation after only 6 months; education reimbursement; safety bingo; company store; company functions including picnics, holiday lunches, plus much more! DESCRIPTION OF PRIMARY DUTIES
- Conduct work-in-process verification (mixing checks, formulation compliance, product quality, moisture testing, salt testing, FFA testing).
- Conduct production line audits every two hours. Identify quality issues occurring in production and packaging, propose corrective action and conduct follow up to ensure situation is remedied.
- Conduct inspections for clean equipment.
- Conduct post-production verification of documentation (control points and critical control points).
- Data entry and verification of in-process packaging quality checks.
- Execute Test & Hold policy.
- Collect and prepare samples for microbiological analysis.
- Record and manage non-conforming product through non-conformance procedure.
- Manage retention sample program.
- Assist with metal detection corrective action.
- Train new employees for GMPs, metal detection, food safety and quality.
- Able to work in a fast pace environment and prioritize.
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Good understanding of organic requirements
- Keep accurate and legible documentation
- Take responsibility for actions.
- Treat fellow employees with dignity and respect.
- Take the initiative to implement new projects.
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Prioritize and plan work activities and use time efficiently
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Take initiative and make decisions in regards of product safety.
- Be able to work flexible hours to meet Company’s needs
- Work independently without immediate supervision
- Effectively communicate with appropriate personnel
QUALIFICATIONS *** Essential
- 2 years in a quality control role in the food industry
- Able to read and write and communicate effectively in English.
- Good attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good communication skills.
- Good computer skills
- Good math aptitude
- Sense of teamwork and urgency
- Bachelor's degree in science related field
- 6 months food industry experience
- Able to stand 8 to 10 hours.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Able to move around facility
- Typical manufacturing facility environment, loud noises, moving equipment.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Waymouth Farms, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.